Our client is a fast growing European distributor with a broad range of innovative services and solutions designed to secure customer success and accelerate partner and vendor growth. In collaboration with leading technology suppliers, it specializes in providing security, agility and manageability for clients, networks and cloud technology solutions through an ecosystem of highly skilled channel partners.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the activities to develop new business for the assigned vendors, recruit new partners and enable them to follow the vendor plans. He or she is also in charge of supporting the sales team throughout the sales cycle of the vendor solutions and products security, networks.
Roles & Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the pre-sales technical team, he/she is responsible for making recommendations on the development of sales offers, specifications, to best meet the needs of resellers and generate the appropriate margin.
- Develop and manage customer relationships, understand the needs and requirements of partners and customers, and inform them of how we can meet their needs.
- Recognize and seek new sales opportunities.
- Achieving and exceeding quotas by realizing qualified opportunities and generating new opportunities.
Develop prospect database for the assigned vendors.
- Predict sales activities accurately on the assigned vendor.
- Verifying and updating the data relating to the commercial conditions (price, delivery certification, …) on the CRM and the technical modalities with the manufacturers, to transmit to Partners and Sales team.
- Build a privileged relationship with the partners by informing them about the characteristics of the products and solutions.
- Notify Partner Sales and Marketing teams about the product updates.
- Ensure technological and competitive intelligence, search for new opportunities.
- Qualification of incoming projects, opening of the opportunity, providing quotes to the reseller following the vendor agreements and respecting the company defined margin.
- Follow up on the opportunities and the activities within the partner and the vendor.
- Meeting partners and final customers for presentations.
- To collaborate with the marketing with ideas to support the vendor and partners development.
- To always adhere to company policy.
- Collaborate with partners to identify and qualify projects and support them to the final sale stages.
- Complete the CRM of all activities: call, appointment, quotation, prospection and follow-up of resellers & customers, pipeline
These duties are not exhaustive, and you may be required to respond to other reasonable requests, depending on the needs of the company, details of which will be provided to you at the time the requests are required.
- Knowledge of the VAD market and MSSP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Italian.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team.
- Ability to set priorities, versatility and problem solving.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build rapport with both vendors and customers.
- Ability to utilize all market opportunities that the products offer.
- Ability to conduct cold solicitations and create new lists of potential customers.
- Have good listening and communication skills and be comfortable on the phone.