Our client is a fast growing European distributor with a broad range of innovative services and solutions designed to secure customer success and accelerate partner and vendor growth. In collaboration with leading technology suppliers, it specializes in providing security, agility and manageability for clients, networks and cloud technology solutions through an ecosystem of highly skilled channel partners.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for the support of the sales team, partners, resellers or integrators on the assigned solutions. He or she has to provide customer service to a growing customer base, identifying the technical requirements within a sales opportunity, and helping to match them to various products and technologies. Involvement in presales and post-sales product demonstrations and evaluation proof of concepts to prospective customers, and existing customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Sizing of technical solutions and consulting in the design of the solution and the choice of products in order to establish the proposals.
- Support the sales representatives during telephone or physical appointments with clients or partners.
- Evaluate new products and ensure that technical information is disclosed effectively within teams.
- Assist marketing in the preparation of technical documentation.
- Assist in preparing and participating in partner information seminars.
- Implementation of POCs for end customers.
- Develop laboratory use and maintenance for testing and development.
- Ensure technological and competitive intelligence on technological product lines.
- Assistance with IT support and local network in relation with the IT group department.
- Provide technical resources for consulting services projects.
- Understand security concepts, technologies and principles and select products based on current best practices.
- Consult, assess or audit customer’s networks and design solutions based on the products portfolio.
- Work with the sales team to determine the most appropriate technology solutions for customer needs.
- Provide detailed design for technology solutions including required Statement of Works, Bill of Materials and technical documentation required in a tender or a customer project.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support to customers as necessary.
- Install and configure network components including firewalls, VPN Gateways, switches, routers, firewalls, access points and controllers.
- Achieve technical certification required by the vendors.
These duties are not exhaustive, and you may be required to respond to other reasonable requests, depending on the needs of the company, details of which will be provided to you at the time the requests are required.
- Strong technical background, good knowledge of security and networking solutions, WAN optimization, monitoring, IoT and virtualization.
- Fluent in English.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Proven background in supporting multiple products / technologies (Software + Hardware + at least some exposure to network device support).
- Strong logical approach to troubleshooting.
- A good understanding of network technologies and the use of analysis tools such as Wireshark for packet analysis.
- Ability to learn quickly and pass exams, Certification and Recertification is an essential part of the job.
- Flexible, open-minded, stress-resistant, able to work both in isolation and within a team.
- Willingness to learn and adapt within a highly collaborative team.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills. Team spirit and good relationship.
- Ability to set priorities, versatility and problem solving.
- Interested in market trends and how to transform them into opportunities.
- Travel required.
- Any additional certification in network products (CCNA / Network +, Aruba WLAN, Fortinet, etc.).
- Additional knowledge / experience of Riverbed product (SCC, HCB, APM, NPM, etc …).
- A basic understanding of UNIX / Linux.
- A basic understanding of ticket processing applications (Remedy).